VALENTINE'S DAY FUNFETTI BISCOTTI! by [Alison Kenney] on 01/27/16 in Lipsum, Numminy
With Valentine's Day around the corner, we've baked up a couple sweet treats to make and give to your nearest and dearest. For something sweet (but not too sweet), biscotti is one of my favorite treats because they're like cookies that disguise themselves as a breakfast treat...or really, an all day treat. Here's our funfetti version!
(Makes 15-18 pieces)
-3 cups flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-3/4 tsp salt
-1 cup vegetable oil
-1 cup sugar
-1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
-1/8 cup shredded coconut and 1/8 cup sliced almonds
(or if you want to go nut-free, you can use 1/4 cup chocolate chips instead)
-1/4 cup of candy melts in white and pink
-pink sugar sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) set aside.
3. In a larger bowl, whisk together oil and sugar. Once fully blended together, whisk in the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla.
4. Slowly whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and then fold in the sprinkles and other additional toppings.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the dough to form a long rectangle.
6. Top with pink sugar sprinkles and a few pinches of sea salt and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 250 degrees. Use a serrated knife to cut into 1 wide inch pieces and place them on their sides. Bake at 250 degrees for 25 more minutes.
8. Follow the instructions for heating the candy melts. Once biscotti is cooled, dip ends into the candy melts.
As a super easy way to package them up and give to friends, use permanent markers to draw fun shapes, words, or patterns on Ziploc bags!